Tuesday 28 June 2011

Tuesday with the M’vano Women of Zomba



250 women of faith – what a powerful force for the kingdom! CCAP Zomba Women’s Guild (M’vano) ushered me toward the heavens this afternoon with Spirit-led singing, urgent prayer and deep attentiveness to the Word of God. But I rush ahead. The M’vano women of Colin’s church showed us through their sewing and knitting workshop where they use six sewing machines donated from a church in Melbourne to engage in acts of mercy for the Gospel’s sake. Boxes of cloth sent from Victorian churches are turned into dresses for sale and gifts for the poor. Boxes of wool, likewise donated from PCV, are turned into jumpers.



The M’vano Women Sewing Group

Lucy, who is to come to Australia for sewing training


Then it was after inspecting the workshop and enjoying lunch together that the 250 women met for worship. Two hours later we emerged singing powerfully Amazing Grace. Again, I was taken unawares by the day – I thought Colin had said I was to “greet the women” – then it dawned on me during lunch that I was to preach. So, for the next half hour I turned over in my mind that “glimpse of heaven” that we find in Revelation 4. And so the Lord empowered me to preach for 40 minutes on those grand pictures of heaven that come through John’s vision.

John W delivers gifts from Reservoir Presbyterian

The M’vano women’s worship service


Tomorrow we head to the prison!

6 comments:

  1. Q: John -- is the large impressive building Colin's church?

    Carey -- the blog is working well and is a great way for us to see what you are doing each day. Well done.

    Pitani Bwino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring story! Loving the blog. Thanks for the updates guys.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am sitting with Paula enjoying this video - how inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carey. Hope you are as proud of me as I am of you. This is the first time I have ever 'blogged'. I hope you are taking notes re the sewing so that you can teach me how to sew when you come back. Should I succeed I would expect you to express your gratitude in song!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don – yes that is indeed Colin’s church, it’s a very impressive building!

    Pam – yes I’m very proud haha :-) not really sure sewing is my thing though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dad... you didn't dance??? I was waiting for you to bust a move! ;)
    No, but seriously - this is so exciting. I wish I was there with you! xxx

    ReplyDelete